Following His Leadings

>> Thursday, January 27, 2011

I am remembering my high school graduation.  I know, you may say that is a sign of getting older, but I had the privilege to graduate high school from a Christian school in Indiana and the theme of the class was the title of this article, “Following His Leadings.”

Although I was so naive and not really understanding the depth of meaning to the saying, I can say God has lead me through each period of my life.  I remember the times of working in the factory and having a feeling of not being content.  The constant day in day out routine in those four wall seemingly would drive a person crazy.  I was a full supporter of my local church, loved being a regular attendee and when the church doors were open I was there…should I repeat that?  I remember the days of working a full time job, running a business and starting out my family and still made it to church on Wednesday evenings…seems to be a lost art the more I talk to pastor’s.

I am saying all of that to say, following God may take you down roads you would have never imagined.  I look back at the time when I felt God calling me into some type of ministry and really not knowing what.  I started pursuing Bible colleges and pushed to go to one and the door was shut.  Many of you know I ended up at Hobe Sound Bible College and now I see that God had a plan and I was “Following His Leadings.”  As we moved to Florida and we felt the change as a family, with me in school and a constant busyness, we were content because we were “Following God’s Leadings.”  Well…we are at another stage in our lives where we don’t know exactly the direction God is leading, but we are following Him.

Some may have heard by now that we have resigned as pastor of the Bible Methodist Church in Fairmont WV.  Some have asked what are we going to do?  We don’t know, God hasn’t exactly shown us yet, but I am confident that He will lead us.  Yes, I feel an uneasiness at times in asking the what ifs.  But I am confident that God has a place for us, whether it be pastoring, being an assistant or youth pastor, teaching somewhere…I don’t know, but God will lead.

The bottom line is… As a family we are “Following His Leadings.”

Have a great week

God Bless

Rev. James Powell

0 comments: