Creating Havoc

>> Sunday, January 9, 2011

Once again, my mind is wandering all over like some preachers do.  Today we had to have only a mid afternoon service due to weather conditions.  Thinking of the safety of those traveling in…I am thinking spiritually.  As easy as it is to slip off the road when it is snow covered, the same is easy to slip when our spiritual lives are getting covered and we lose focus of God.  To get a grip on the road there is salt and sometime cinders put down, which then in turn melts the ice/snow so the grip can return to the road.

I believe there are times in our spiritual lives, we lose grip and we are in need of God’s salt and/or cinders.  Most know that salt has a healing and preserving part to it.  I want God to do that to me spiritually.  I have to put forth the effort which comes by the way of reading of His word, praying, prioritizing my life around His leading.  It is easy to slip into just looking back over the last year in the first month of the new year.  I am continuing to ask God for His spiritual salt to heal and preserve me in my spiritual life throughout all year.

Once again this is some rambling, but I know God exactly what I need for 2011.  God Bless and may you have a fantastic Lord’s Day.

Pastor James Powell

0 comments: