Where is your Treasure?

>> Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mt 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

Sitting here on a Saturday morning, trying to still get the mind of God for tomorrow, my mind keeps wondering in all sorts of ways.  I know most of you preachers out there are the type that have your message by Thursday and are just looking over it the rest of the week.  That has always been my desire, but it seems like lately my thoughts have been so scattered and I just sit numbly looking at scripture and hoping my fingers would start typing something.

The above scripture seems to speak out to me and my mind starts to think on “treasure on earth.”  Undoubtedly this verse has been used over and over speaking on materialism and such.  My mind is thinking of my family and the treasures that God has given me.  I realize that this scripture is speaking of wealth and material things and laying up treasures in heaven.  I have heard preachers bring out about laying souls (treasures) up in heaven, I have heard others speak about money.  But this morning my mind thinks of my family.  I know many may bristle at this point I am going to make, and some may adamantly disagree with me.  If so, that is ok…I am glad that I believe in a holiness that we can disagree agreeably.

The point I want to make is that the treasures (my family) that God has bestowed upon me, I am responsible for.  I can win thousands to Christ, but if I don’t see that my family makes it to heaven, then what good have I done?  I know…I can hear some saying “well, bless God your job is such and such….” but I remind you Father’s, we are the head of our homes and as we go, so go our “treasures.”

Well that is my ramble for today…I will be looking at something for Sanctity of Life, but my mind was rolling down this path.  I pray that everyone has a blessed Lord’s day and that we all will follow God’s leading in each of our lives.

God Bless,

Rev. James Powell

0 comments: