The Summer

>> Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Does your mind ever think back of when as a kid or a teen you looked forward to the summer months? Out of school, getting to sleep in, stay up late, no schedule, no pressure of everyday activities. Well I admit, sometimes I long for those days again, but it is still exciting the go into the summer months and know that there is great days ahead.

Tuesday was one of those busy days where its not on the schedule, but you just take the day as it comes. In the morning, Joshua and I slipped over to the church and helped Dan Ellis and his children finish the spreading and smoothing of the dirt around our concrete we have put in for the skateboarding and church get together. After several hours, and a few times of realizing we haven't used some muscles in a while, we completed the task. I appreciate Dan Ellis's dedication to finishing what has been started. He has devoted hours upon hours of time in this project.

Then my family and I went to visit Bro. Begunich and with him recently getting out of the hospital, he still has some recovery to go. Then swinging on up to Metz and seeing Bro. & Sis. Ernie Wilson who are in for the summer and staying with the Simms it completed a very busy day. Its the days of summer and it makes it very enjoyable. Well enough of my rambling...I will catch everyone up on what is taking place the rest of this week....continuing a very busy schedule, but it is all for God.

Loving the Life God has given,

J. Powell

1 comments:

Judith Atnip June 11, 2008 at 10:26:00 PM EDT  

James,
It has been so long since I have seen your family.
Are your parents still living?
I think you told me about your sister once.