Summer In Full Swing

>> Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hello Again,

We are in the full swing of summer and time keeps on ticking. Last week we enjoyed the Bible Methodist Camp in St. Mary's Ohio along with conference. It was a great camp and with the preaching of Rev. Daniel Stetler, Rev. Paul Pierpoint and the singing of the Marc Sankey family it was made to be a tremendous camp. My father, Rev. John Powell Sr. just joined the Heartland Conference and is very excited about the future.

Getting back home and into the swing of things and catching up always seems to be a challenge. my wife's parents are in this week and we are enjoying the fellowship and picking on each other. We are also ramping up for CCYC and Bible Methodist Youth Camp. I firmly believe that getting our young people to youth camps is of utmost importance. We wonder why they marry out of the church, but we don't seem to think its very important to get them around other christian young people. I as a father am very dogmatic regarding this issue. It makes me so upset when I see families that do not take an inventory of where their priorities lay. We seem to be able to go where we want to go and travel where we really want to travel, but when it comes to God's business and the future of our churches and children, we seem to not have any care for what happens...WAKE UP CHRISTIANS!

I don't apologize for my ranting and ravings, this lies close to my heart. May God help us all...and if your at any of the youth camps I mentioned, I may see you there. God bless.

J. Powell

0 comments: