Its been a whirlwind

>> Saturday, March 8, 2008

Hello again,

We just returned from Indiana from my wife's grandfathers funeral. It is amazing how life can change so quickly. It seems to me that 2008 has been quite a whirlwind so far. The great thing is that I know God is always with us. He has kept us safe and I thank him for that.

A couple weeks ago we went with some members of our church for a day, and while driving two different vehicles it seems only when we are with them, crazy things happen. I was leading the way and missed my turn. I pulled into a business real quick and turned around, and while doing this I hit the curb. It seemed to be no big deal, until we made it out to the interstate and that is when I realized I had a flat tire. Pulling to the side of the road, and of course it was raining I examined it and found I had scraped the tip of the valve stem thus the leaking, now flat tire. We put the donut spare on and made our way to a nearby Walmart. We were blessed with one that didn't have a tire change, so we made our way on over to K mart which we had the same result. We did finally find a Pep boys, but by the time we arrived there my spare was flat. It is great to just enjoy the experiences in life that we can look back on and laugh later. The funny thing of it is, the last time we were with the folks from my church, they had a flat tire. As I said, it seems something always happens when we are with them, but we just all laugh and continue on.

Enjoy your day.

From the Hills of WV,

J. Powell

0 comments: